Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Frustration set in a little this morning. As I turned Whisper in my hands, I was happy with her, but as soon as I set her down for progress photos, she looked stiff. Nowhere near the loose, casual elegance I am chasing for this model.

I thought it was her whole back end that was out, so commenced removing it. Taking the clay down to the armature on her back, so I would know where to cut, it occured to me I should get more photos to manipulate in photoshop.

This is when the lightbulb clicked on, she was on the the wrong leg, the weight bearing was completely wrong, as soon as I tipped her forward, everything came together. She was suddenly bending into the circle, pushing out with her off side front, looking much more natural, what I had envisioned from the start.

Still lots of work to go, but I am really getting excited now.









No comments:

Post a Comment