LOL, well as a painter.........I make a really good sculptor.

I am going to have a whirl at painting a Graylea Whisper for myself, a soft chocolate pointed buckskin, my favourite horse colour. So I thought I had better practice on something a little less expensive to start with, one of my Al-Maisan medallions.


The first effort was so very bad, I was completely horrified at just how bad it was, lol.


Then intrigued by the soft almost china like effect that artist were achieving with models, I researched and found two tutorials on Fallen Leaves forum, on how to pastel.


Well, straight off to the art shop, grabbed myself all the necessaries, stripped the first paint job, and then got stuck in.


What marvellous fun, if I make a mistake, I just wash it off, and I make a lot of mistakes, lol.
Here is the boy, base coated in Acrylics (Matisse, Flow) and then two coats of pastels (Windsor & Newton).

I don't think he is coming along to bad.




On a side note, my beautiful QHx filly is back home with me after many months turned out on a friends farm.
For those that don't know her, Bindii is QH x STB. Her dam was PTS with birthing complications, when Bindii was two days old, I have hand raised her. She will be three in 5 days time.
Her dam 'Ruby', was the equine love of my life, and loosing her was emotionally devastating, but I am so very grateful to have this, not so little, girl in my life. She is so like her mother in character as well as looks, has all her quirks, which I find quite uncanny at times, but also very heart warming. Ruby lives on through her daughter.
One day in the future, I will sculpt this filly for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hairy bits

Character.

It's been a long time ...