Patience is a virtue

Though apparently not something I posses :)
After some great critique over on Blab, and everyone agreeing with my diagnosis, I have started playing with his head.

I went back to my reference photos, and re measured, I thankfully found out that his head is actually the right length, but his eyes are too low down, which gives the impression of a shortened head.

But before I made a cut or smooshed anything, I took a cast of his head using silicone putty (which I bought by mistake years ago) and Apoxie sculpt. I am now much happier with the idea of jumping in and messing around.






More soon...

Comments

  1. This is amazing- is there any chance you would do a tutorial on using the silicone putty? I would love to be able to cast a head like that so easily (or at least, it looks easy!) What kind of putty do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hairy bits

Character.

It's been a long time ...