Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Now I am not prone to bouts of emotion. I am deeply conservative, and sophisticated (well not really sophisticated, actually not even close! But I would dearly love to be!). I do not suffer from the giggles or other girly outbreaks, but today was most certainly one out of the box!

I giggled and danced (yes I danced ...no it was not pretty) and grinned my way all around the kitchen/studio. Because these are the photos I received this morning from Jaime Baker!



Is he not absolutely wonderful! Jaime has drawn out his character and brought him to breathing life.

Look at that kissy spot!

The roaning on his cheek!
The colour and shading is his tail, I want to run my fingers through his hair!



All photos By Jaime Baker

The story behind this little fellow? I was the c0-judge at River City Live (partnered by the uber talented Liz Shaw) and our Stablemate Supreme Champion was an exquisite dapple grey painted by Jaime on the (I think) Warmblood mold. He was the most delightful horse. The smoothness of the layers, the tiny intricate and fine hair by hair detailing. The more I looked at him, the more I saw.

I came home from Adelaide knowing that I had to get Jaime to paint one of my horses. Finding out that Jaime did not only, not take commissions, but also preferred Stablemate scale sank my heart. I had never CM'ed a stablemate or even a classic scale for that matter, I did not know if I could mange it, but determined that I would sculpt something that would catch Jaime's eye, the Welshie was created.

So you could say (as corny as it sounds) this little fellow is a dream come true, and so very worthy of the kitchen dancing.

In fact I might just dance some more!

Thank you Jaime!

Comments

  1. He's gorgeous! That's a fabulous CM of that mold. A big improvement on the original, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. You most certainly managed resculpting on the Stablemate scale. He looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hairy bits

Character.

It's been a long time ...